Spencer has more than 30 years of experience litigating cases in state and federal courts. Spencer's practice focuses on commercial disputes, including investment fraud, business torts, contract disputes, employment, consumer protection, and intellectual property. Spencer has been honored by his peers as a Washington Law & Politics "Super Lawyer" every year since 1999. He is a Fellow of the International Society of Barristers, the American College of Trial Lawyers and the Litigation Counsel of America.
- University of Virginia, J.D., 1975
- Order of the Coif
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Bachelors of Industrial Engineering, 1969
- Alpha Pi Mu (Industrial Engineering Honor Society)
- Hall Zanzig Claflin McEachern, now known as Spencer Hall & Associates, Founding Member, 1998-present
- Mundt, MacGregor, Happel, Falconer, Zulauf & Hall (Seattle, WA) Partner, 1982-1998
- Bogle & Gates (Seattle, WA) Partner, 1981-1982; Associate Attorney, 1975-1981
Arbitrator, Mediator, Special Master
- Spencer serves as an arbitrator or mediator in commercial litigation
Admissions to Practice
Spencer is a member of the Washington State Bar Association. He is admitted to practice in all Washington trial and appellate courts, the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. Spencer has been admitted pro hac vice to handle cases in courts throughout the country.